City of Ashdown
250 North Second Street - P.O. Box 135 · Ashdown, Arkansas 71822
Phone (870) 898-2622 · Fax (870) 898-4322
EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 2020-=1
DECLARATION OF LOCAL STATE OF EMERGENCY
WHEREAS, the Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and which has now been detected in 60 locations internationally, including in the United States. The virus has been named "SARS-CoV-2" and the disease it causes has been named "coronavirus disease 2019" (abbreviated "COVID-19"); and
WHEREAS, Governor Asa Hutchinson issued Executive Order 20-03 on March 11, 2020 declaring a state of emergency for the State of Arkansas in response to the COVID-19 outbreak; and
WHEREAS, the safety and welfare of the citizens of the City of Ashdown as well as the employees is of
the utmost importance.
NOW, THEREFORE, by the power vested in me as Mayor of the City of Ashdown, Arkansas, the following protocols are implemented until further notice.
1. All access to Ashdown City Hall is limited to essential personnel.
2. No one will be allowed to enter the city offices without an appointment.
3. Appointments can be made by contacting the office in question
4. Anyone needing to conduct business within city hall will be subject to screenings including checking of temperature to see that it is below 99.6 degrees, and the individual does not display any other outward symptoms of the virus.
5. We strongly encourage those needing to conduct business with offices within city hall, water department, street department, sanitation department or city park to make every effort to conduct their business via telephone, email, or fax.
6. Other measures may be implemented as needed to provide for the safety and welfare of the city employees.
IT IS SO ORDERED, this 18th day of March, 2020.
Mayor City of Ashdown